Monday, February 8, 2010

Bitter Sweet

I just found out that my Grandfather, Grandpa Black passed away this morning. It is a bitter sweet moment. Bitter because he was and will always be my Grandpa and I haven't seen or talked to him in years. Bitter because my Dad has to deal with losing both his parents in the same year. Bitter because he was a good Grandpa and always had fun with us when we were young. Sweet because he has suffered from Alzheimer's for many many years and now has his memory to companion him once again, Sweet because he is reunited with all his loved ones who passed on before him, Sweet because he can now enjoy the journey through the next phase of life. Sweet because I am confident that there is a Plan of Salvation created by a loving Heavenly Father who knows and loves us and is awaiting our progression so that we might return to Him and especially sweet because I know that I will see him with my own eyes in the flesh again.
I love you Grandpa!!!

No comments: