Sunday, May 6, 2012

To be a grown up

I think there's something about being the oldest child that makes you want to be more grown up than you really are. Ashton is constantly dreaming of the day when he can do things he's not allowed to do now. About a year ago he told me, "I want to be a grown up so I can drink coke."  He wants to drive, go paintballing, eat chips for dinner, watch ghostbusters of all things, give orders to his siblings and his parents. And probably at the top of the list is to not have to go to bed at bedtime.In fact if it were up to him he would not go to sleep probably ever.
About an hour after putting the boys to bed tonight Ashton comes out of the room. I tell him to go back to his room and lay down. To this he says" Mom, I CAN"T go to sleep cuz I'm almost grown up like you." I grin and he replies "And you think its a joke but it's NOT a joke!"
Oh Ashton, you are too cute! For my sake I hope you don't grow up too quickly!

No comments: