Thursday, August 7, 2008

Weekend in Utah


We haven't been to Utah for three years, so we were excited to get there for Tyler's brothers wedding (and to eat at our favorite spot, Cafe Rio). Ryan and Becky were married August 2 in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple in American Fork, Utah. It's been a while since I have been to a temple sealing. During the ceremony the sealer asked Ryan if he wanted to spend eternity with Becky. Ryan looked at Becky, gave her a sweet smile and said, "Of course I do"...my heart melted and the tears started flowing and they didn't stop till well after the ceremony was through. I love my marriage. I love Tyler. Being with him is the best thing to ever happen to me, and so when I see others in love I get overwhelmed with joy. Congrats Ryan and Becky!

We stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Rust in Salem Utah...they are so hospitable and fun to be with and we enjoyed showing off Ashton. Ashton thought Grandpapa was especially funny.

The night before the wedding we ate with the Rust boys, parents, grandparents, and friends at Chiles. Here's the group...



Ashton, who absolutely loves people was enjoying the company. He also managed to grab the tables attention by eating chips the adult way...with salsa. At first he barely dabbed his chip in the salsa bowl, but after a little taste, he repeatedly went back for more...by the scoop. His eyes began to water but it was so cute I couldn't stop him. And he didn't even stop himself!



Other hightlights of the trip included feeding the geese at the lake behind the house in Salem and riding in Tyler's grandparents new ATV in their backyard. Ashton didn't ride in the ATV but he did get a taste for speed sitting on the motorcycle at the wedding luncheon.


We had a great time and wish we could have stayed longer!

1 comment:

Kirst said...

If Ash can't look mexican at least he can eat like one right :)