Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Tribute to Tyler

Besides working 80 hour weeks at the hospital, helping with Strides 4 Kids, and helping out with everyday life of being a husband and a father, Tyler has been working on his residency application. His class at school had recently taken portrait pictures and we were looking at which pose to buy to use in his CV. The pics were pretty pricey and we weren't in love with any of them, so we decided to make an appointment at The Picture People and get the shot retaken...(Plus it would be fun to get some more pictures of the family!) We went and got them taken yesterday and this is the picture that will be used on his resume...He looks great, doesn't he! In fact, he not only looks incredibley handsome, but he is INCREDIBLE. So I thought I would write a little about what Tyler did on his one day off this week and give you all a taste of what my amazing hubbie is like.

The day started with Ashton waking up at 5:40 a.m. Tyler and I had stayed up late watching the second season of Heroes so we were exhausted. I forced myself out of bed to not wake up Ty...He's up before us every other day of the week and deserves to sleep in for once. Well, two hours rolled by and I was feeling so tired (pregnancy has claimed this week to be one of my VERY TIRED weeks). I couldn't take it anymore so we went in the bedroom to see dad. We layed down next to him and he immediately shot up out of bed and was quick to make Ash smile. He swept him up out of the bed and told me to take a nap...I wanted to resist, and even got up after them but he again told me that I should take a nap (he knew I had been feeling tired). So I slept for almost two hours and when I got up Ashton had just gone down for his nap. I had only jogged once this week so I asked if he minded if I went for a jog. So off I went, feeling refreshed after a good nap. I came home and was greeted by my two smiling boys. Ashton had had his bath and it was almost lunch time...I didn't know what to make so after rattling off a few ideas Tyler went to the kitchen and whipped up some delicious quesadillas. He then cleaned up after lunch and took out the trash...What a treat!

Well, at that point we needed to figure out what to wear for our pictures and we made a mess of the clean but unfolded laundry that I had been meaning to get to but just didn't have the energy. So off we went to the photo shoot. While we were waiting to preview our pictures we grabbed some food at Chick-fil-a and Tyler took care of feeding Ashton until I was all done with my meal. He was being so sweet! The pictures turned out great. We chose some poses and went home. I went to put Ashton down for the night and as I was singing to him I was picturing the huge mess of clothes spread on the floor and bed. Uggggh. I was not in the mood. But once again I was rescued by my loving husband. When I opened the door to my surprise no clothes were in sight. Clothes were hung in the closet and put away.

Needless to say I felt so loved. Ty knows how much I like (and in my mind "need') to have the house picked up and although he is just as/if not more tired than I, he was happy to relieve me of my usual duties. As I went to thank him he told me how much he appreciated me and all I do. Do you see what I mean! This man is amazing. I love him and feel so loved by him. I am convinced that I married the most amazing, handsome, talented and loving man in the whole world...

3 comments:

Kirst said...

What a sweet day. Tyler is amazing, I'm so very glad that you married your best friend...and I got the best brother-in-law possible. Thanks Tyler, for taking care of my sister when she has so little time to care for herself.

Kristin said...

It sounds like you guys are doing awesome. I still can't believe you'll have another little one in a couple of months. Oh and did I read your post right; you're naming him Isaac?!...I highly recommend the name!

sarah said...

Husbands are the best!