Friday, July 25, 2008

Yoga or yoga pants?

Two weeks ago our family joined the YMCA and I signed up for a few classes. A mommy and me swim class for Ashton and a prenatal yoga class for myself. Ashton's class is a total hit. It is adorable to see him move his body like a dolphin to get to a toy and the grin he gets when he's jumping of the ledge to me in water. The yoga class is another story.

Let me first start by saying that I have never actually practiced yoga or attended a yoga class until last week. I wasn't sure what to expect but thought it would be a fun exercise session tailored to my body and the babe within. And I do have fun. After all I'm in a room full of very pregnant women balancing and stretching in ways I never thought a baby belly body could move. And the darkened room with chanting music playing softly in the background just adds to the effect. I mostly feel silly, but I guess that just means I'll need more than two classes to surrender my ego to my heart and spirit. I think my favorite part is at the end of class when we bow and say "Namaste" because I feel like I'm acting in a LOST episode. So my preference for now between yoga or yoga pants is with the later.

No comments: