Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Strides 4 Kids

So one of my...or I guess I should say our, big projects has become "official" and I am really excited. A few months ago I talked to Tyler about hosting our own 5k race to raise funds to donate to a charity. Well, it's been quite a long process and WAY more stress than I thought it could ever be, but we are finally on our way! We have a couple of other medical students and their families helping out and their work has been vital to keeping this little dream of mine afloat. So our official name is Strides 4 Kids and we we have a website and all (thanks Angela!). The event will take place Saturday, October 4th in Tower Grove Park and proceeds will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.... After weeks of work we printed the letters we will use to find sponsors and divided up a HUGE list of companies to contact amongst our group. So this is where it gets exciting....Who will sponsor us? How much will they donate? Will we be able to make this as cool as we hope? You can check it out for yourself at strides4kids.com.

2 comments:

sarah said...

This is so cool! I'm impressed with you guys.

Kirst said...

Way to keep a dream and stick with it Holls, You are amazing