Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lazy me....

No posts for me for months now! I guess I have just been down right lazy since we moved from Texas. So for those of you who don't know Tyler finished up his intern year in general surgery the beginning of July and recieved our next assignment as Flight Surgery at Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs. So while we are not thrilled at being forced to delay residency we are grateful to be in Colorado Springs with TONS of family :).

Unfortunately we recieved orders so late that the AF was overbooked to move us until the end of July which didn't work for us since we had my brother's wedding to attend mid July. This meant an unepected DITY move (do it yourself). We made arrangments through ABF where we loaded a trailer and they drive it out for you. Would have been perfect if they hadn't given us a broken ramp which ended up crushing Tyler's hand...(torn flesh, broken bones, severed nerves...wonderful!). In any case we had lots of friends and family come to our rescue and left two days after the accident...right on schedule! I have been staying at my in-laws and my parent's house over the last few months for a few reasons. #1- Tyler was sent back to Texas that very same month for a 2 month training and #2 The cute house that we chose to rent wasn't going to be available until Sept. 20. I am very excited to have my family back (for a little while) and hopefully will be able to establish some normal routines again and stop being so LAZY. So rather than try to post what all we have been up to over the last couple of months I will do a couple of entries that will definitely be out of choronological order...

No comments: